SGA inauguration, organization award ceremony to be held
This year, the Student Government Association Inauguration and the Registered Student Organization Awards of Excellence ceremonies will be combined for the first time.
The inauguration will take place on Monday, April 22 from 3 to 5 p.m. in Oklahoma Memorial Union’s Beaird Lounge.
Winners of the 13 Registered Student Organization Awards of Excellence will be announced to begin the program, said KatieBeth Gardner, director of student organizations.
Then, the following offices will be inaugurated:
• Housing Center Student Association president,
• Student Bar Association president,
• Graduate Student Senate chair,
• Undergraduate Student Congress chair,
• Campus Activities Council chair,
• Student Government Association vice president
• Student Government Association president
For each office, the outgoing officer will be invited to speak, Gardner said, and the newly inaugurated officer will also have a chance to speak.
All students are welcome to attend and free food will be provided, Gardner said.